Thursday 27 January 2011

Knackered Knee and Other Stuff

Am feeling a bit sorry for myself to day, and am having to sit on my bum a bit more than I'd prefer, as I've gone and twisted my knee again!! GRRRrrrrrr. As a dancer and teacher, you expect to get the odd strain or pain, and unfortunately I've twisted both knees at different times over the last 5/6 years, and this has left them rather tired and very sensitive to any overwork. So I have to take really good care of them (usually) and follow all the good practises etc, so it was ironic that this last incident was simply getting up quicky off the sofa! At the time it was just a sharp twinge, and I thought I'd got away with it so gaily carried on teaching last night, finishing off with some lively Belly Bolly! Not a clever idea, I realised, as soon as the class came to an end as the knees were both complaining loudly...and today my left knee is refusing to bend much and forcing me to limp around like Jake The Peg! So I will be relying heavily on Rosemary tonight to help out. She is one of my lovely experienced students who is a graceful dancer, is great at remembering choreographies and has been studying belly dancing or so long that she knows lots of moves, and is quite capable of demonstrating them beautifully. And fortunately I then have almost four dance free days to recover, thank goodness!
So I guess it's down to the computer admin stuff then! No excuses...hhhmpf!
Had a lovely morning cuppa and cake with my great pal Luce, and we had a very interesting chat...a lot of which was about belly dancing. Lucy and I met when we were both students of Linda Markey, and have stayed friends ever since, and as she sews and is into making jewellery there is always something to discuss or drool over. We are Sisters of the Sparkle! And we know lots of the same people, too! Belly dancing is a very sociable hobby as there is a strong tradition for geting together at workshops, haflas and other events to learn, dress up and dance, and of course gossip about belly dance, too! I've made lots of good friends and accquaintances over the years and it constitutes a very big part of my social life, as well....

Right, think it's about time I hobbled around a bit before it all seizes up, and also I'm feeling guilty about not doing any work, so will sign off for now....Byeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment