Tuesday 25 January 2011

Cogitating on Costumes...and other stuff

I'm looking forward to a quieter week this week as the last one felt a bit full-on! And I need the time to do some long overdue jobs, as well as considering the designs for my white show bra and finale costume.

 We are doing a candle dance in the show and I had this vision of us all in white, like virign priestesses...well a bit too late for the virginal bit, but we can try! So we have each bought our own white bra and I've given everyone a 'kit' with the same pieces of braid, bags of sequins and white glittery asian motifs, and each person can decorate their bra as they like. We've already got white velvet skirts so some are covering their bras with the same velvet prior to decorating, but as I found a bra with little silver sequins glued to the fabric already I'll just go straight for the decoration...Yes! And the finale costumes are going to look very classy as the lycra has come out on the darker side of Cadburys Purple, and we are having silver and purple decorations. Everyone can design their own costume but using the same fabric and trimmings, so they will all look slightly different but similar...bit like a girl band.
So while these potential deigns are swirling around my head I have to also start planning Le Petit Souk, produce a poster and finalise workshop details with the teachers...and I urgently need to get down to designing a poster for the Belly Dance Spectacular, as it's only about 8 weeks away! Not forgetting promoting my Belly Skype lessons and workshops, and planning classes. Pheweee.....just as well I don't have any children - except for Sid! I could do with a secretary/office angel/personal assistant who would work for free and mop my brow occaisionally!
So....not much room in my head for philosophy or contemplation, unfortunately, but you never know what might suddenly present itself.............

No comments:

Post a Comment