Thursday 23 June 2011

Much Muttering in the Blog

Having a few days of 'don't know what to do with myself'- there's lots to do but I just can't settle to anything or get motivated to do anything purposeful! *sigh* Hence I'm blogging...ahem!
On a more positive note, the Valhalla Smith music video has been published (is that the right term for a music video?), and Miramar have made it into the final edit! Yay! Admittedly we are only in it for a few secs, but hey, it's all good stuff, and we had a fab day out to boot! You can find the vid on my FB page, if you're interested.
Have now got just 8 classes, a workshop, 4 performances and a hafla to go before the official end of term...and I'm really ready for it! At this time of year I often get what I call the 'End of Term Blues' as I'm coming to the end of 3 terms of teaching and a whole year of performances, haflas, and organising shows and souks, so suffice it to say I'm feeling pretty tired and jaded. Although I'd dearly like to spend the whole summer holdays having a rest, my financial situation has gone from bad to dire, so I've got to try and find some part-time work to get back on top of things. Ideally I'd like something I could be interested in, 2 or 3 mornings a week, well paid, and not too far to travel. It's not too much to ask, is it? If all else fails, then it's shelf filling at Morrisons!
But however bad things might get, my life is never dull, there is always something interesting, weird or funny  happenning, and I never get bored. Listless, confused, fuzzy, cross, sad, happy, content, but never bored! A typical day in the life of Val consists of much Facebooking and playing of games, much computer admin and a few phone calls, a bit of (but only absolutely necessary) housework, a little lite shopping, preparing and teaching a dance class, something creative like making a poster, emailing out info and making contact with organisers and friends, occaisonally some dance practise, jewellery or fascinator making, and of course some eating, drinking, watching telly and sleeping! Fascinating, eh? LOL!
Oh dear.....the fact that I've resorted to making lists to entertain myself and everyone else suggest that it's time to end this blog!! Ta taaa for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment