Friday 8 July 2011

An Unflustered Friday

Have pretty much recovered from last weekends activities which is just as well as the Hafla tonight kicks off another busy weekend!
Spent most of yesterday preparing for the hafla tonight and am now sitting here feeling remarkably calm and wondering if there is something obvious I've missed, as I don't normally feel this organised at this point in the proceedings! Hope this isn't famous last words! Mind you, having only had one class this week I've had more time to prepare which is unusual. So I'm just going to enjoy the feeling and enjoy tonight! Last hafla (back in February) I learn an important lesson. As I had injured my knee I was forced to do less and let others do more...and in fact I enjoyed the evening much more as a result. Plus everyone was very kind and seemed very happy to help!
As part of my plan to earn more money, I've got Dave Hastings to photograph some of my jewellery with a view to selling it on the internet. Sid has been telling me to do this for years so I'm now going to give it a try. I've recently been making things that are more mainstream, so they will appeal to a wider audience, and have been having ideas of somehow merging the jewellery with some art work....not sure if it will work, but after this weekend I will have more time on my hands to experiment, that is, unless I get myself a job! I have been looking at the jobs sections of the local papers and various noticeboards, but am going to have to up the ante. I'm going to target the places where I'd ideally like to work and be pro-active by contacting them or sending my CV in. Then I'll work down my list gradually. I realise that there are lots of people out there who are also searching, and it's not a good time to find work, but I've got to start somewhere and I am indicating to the Universe that I'm willing! There's no reason why I couldn't have an interesting, part-time job that I enjoy...I just have to manifest it, put out the vibes, so to speak. So if you know of any jobs that might suit an arty, eccentric, 50-something Belly Dancer, let me know!! 
Not sure if my beginners course in Chadlington will run. I have put a few fliers out but circumstances have prevented me from doing more advertising, so our performance in Chipping Norton on Sunday might be the deal clincher- or not! Chipping Norton is very close to Chadlington, so I'm hoping it might gain some interest...we'll just have to see.
Re my sorting out the debts, I've also decided to sell a table that I inherited from the farm. It's a lovely big pedestal dining table, but is too big for the living room and has been gathering dust in the spare bedroom for a while. Funnily enough, when I first inherited lots of items from home when Dad, and then Mum both died, I just had so much emotional attachment to them I wanted to hang (or rather grip!) on to them, and couldn't imagine parting with them. Maybe it was something about not wanting to let go of Mum and Dad...hmmm. But as the years have passed I'm finding I have less attachment, except for one or two small personal items that Mum and Dad used every day. I wonder if it's part of a bigger universal plan for letting go of earthy belongings that we obviously can't take with us when we die. I'm not expecting to kick the bucket just yet, but non-attachment to worldy things makes it much easier to lead a spiritual life and to die without anything holding you back.
Anyway, time to go off and practise being relaxed for a bit longer...this chilling out is hard work for a workaholic, I tell you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment