Thursday 6 October 2011

Feelin' Fine

About a week ago I was sitting in the loo (bear with me as it doesn't get any more detailed-honest), and worrying about the fact that I hadn't had enough bookings for the souk workshops, and then I looked up and caught sight of the handwash we have on the sink- and it said 'Faith'!! It's been there for ages, but on this particular day the name just seemed to jump out at me- and I had to smile to myself as the Universe was doing it's gently witty thing of reminding me at the same time as being amusing..I really like that! So, I decided I had to let go of my usual worrity thoughts and trust that it would work itself out. And a week down the line, it's almost there! Admittedly I've had to cancel two workshops but they didn't have ANY bookings at all (mine and another), but now I'm delighted to say that most of the remaining workshops have the minimum with a couple over and one just under- and we've got a couple of days to go for any last minute-ers! Each souk is subtlely different from the others, and this time more so as 3 of our usual traders can't make it- but instead we have a new trader, the new Magency Magazine, Dave doing studio shots, a charity stall and a bigger Pamper area, so it's all good. Now I'm beginning to look forward to it, but can't really concentrate on anything else until it's over!
Things are feeling quite abundant at the moment, but it's a bit of a temporary illusion, as much of the money that's flowing into my account will have to flow out again very soon- particularly for the souk. But I'm delighted to have paid one very big debt off, and as long as I'm prudent, I can pay off the others too. However, I'm not quite at the stage where I can allow myself any of the bigger purchases I'd like. But I'm in the process of creating a Treasure Map...I've got the background paper, and now need to gather various pictures for the different aspects I want to feature. I'm going to focus on abundance, so will need to illustrate the things I want to happen- like getting an ideal interesting part-time job that fits perfectly around my teaching and Belly Dance stuff, having a nice holiday, expanding my existing work, getting a camcorder, a digital camera, a new sound system for classes and a new computer etc.
We are having a week off from the radio show, as I need the extra time to prepare for the souk, and Peter is off to visit a friend in Wells. But things are gradually moving on with our proposed re-location. Although we aren't in too much of a hurry, we are coming into the winter which isn't the best time for renovation and decorating work, and we do have a loose-ish deadline to work towards. But I feel that it needs to have it's own pace and that as long as we remain focussed and relaxed about it, it will all work out perfectly! I know I'm right about that,  but it all depends on whether I can stay in the right frame of mind! I know I'm a bit of a drama queen and get overwrought at the drop of a hat, but am trying to temper my behaviour- and walk my talk.
Time now to get on with work (and play!) as Sid will be back and demanding to use the (his) computer. Doesn't hurt to be a bit more disciplined and plan my work pattern a bit to fit around him, but it's not easy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment