Monday 26 December 2011

Santa Magic Part 1

Have just had a wonderful but very busy week! I'm delighted to report that I got myself a Christmas job for the week running up to Christmas day- at The Creaky Cauldron. They were obviously very busy and needed the help so I rang them and bob's your uncle! I was in every day all day, including Christmas Eve doing various jobs, but mostly bagging up sweets for Santa presents, wrapping said presents, and assisting Santa. The last job was the best bit- I togged myself up in an elf 'style' costume and hat and then my job was to greet families as they got to Santa's Grotto, then guide them in to see the man himself. I also wrote out certificate for people who solved the Potion Puzzle, which meant Santa then got the heads up on the kiddies names in advance....which was a sneaky ruse as the kids then were astounded to find he knew their names!!  But he has to be one of the best Santas around- dressed in a very good quality costume, and his beard, wig and moustache looked real, and he topped it off with a garland of holly so looked as if he had just stepped out of a victorian advert. But he had a brilliant technique of appealing to everyone, kiddies and adults alike, and spent quality time with them, which was great. Most people came out glowing with excitement and praise. But despite the stresses of being so busy the highlight of the job was seeing the look in peoples faces when they met Santa...it really was magical!
...oops, gotta go and get ready to go out, so will write more about my week soon....ta taaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment