Sunday 5 December 2010

Late night musings

Have had a tiring and odd couple of days. I'm a bit of a control freak and don't like change at short notice...it's like I'm just one of those people who take a long time to make a 'U' turn, and then get back up to speed. So having to let go of the hafla and all the organising took a while, as well as having to justify my actions...mostly to myself!
Went to a hafla on Satruday where I had hoped to sell quite a bit of stuff but was sorely dissapointed in that I only sold just enough to cover costs. It was otherwise a fab hafla with lots of care and attention put into the decor of the room, and the organisation, but not as well attended as expected, and frankly there were too many of us traders (three crammed into a small space). It was an interesting evening of lots of highs and a few lows...I performed my baladi adequately and although I got lots of applause I wasn't sure if the audience really liked or rated it (I must admit to having a bit of a downer on my own performances at the moment, though!). There were good performances and fabulous performances. I have to admit to being slightly jealous of Claire who is obviously a wonderful teacher whose students adore her, and her dancing is very good too..damn! But she is so nice and caring it's hard to stay envious for long. And Ozgen performed. I've seen him dance before, and fankly didn't like much what I saw, but last night I was very impressed. Not only had his dancing developed dramatically, but he really entertained with drama and humour..and appeared to be a very nice person off stage to boot! Pleasantly surprised! Claire also had a young lad in her troupe called Joe who bravely performed a solo...which was really good- and all the more impressive when we later found out he has dispraxia and Aspergers. Brought a tear to my eye... and I wasn't the only one! Lynne Chapman also performed a new dance to a FABULOUS version of the Pink Panther . She was fab as usual and I had to go on after her....eeeurgh!
Anyway, spent today doing a little Christmas shopping and doing odd jobs around the house (yuk!), and am now feeling rather tired and down. But now my classes have finished I can enjoy evenings in...well after the next week or so, as I have various social engagements and Belly Dance related events coming up in the next two weeks. Some, I'm glad to say are money earners, thank God! But I have to plan already for next term and the major events like the Belly |Dance Spectacular, my 10th Anniversary hafla and Le Petit Souk.
AND it looks as if we are ready to start broadcasting The Alternative Show again on a streaming site we have found on the internet- yipeee! Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment