Tuesday 22 March 2011

Post show blog

I'm delighted to announce that the Belly Dance Spectacular went marvellously...and that was all due to the professionalism of performers, the technical staff and the volunteers. A huge thankyou to everyone- you all played your part and like a well oiled machine it moved seamlessly! Well- almost! The only dissapointment was the fact that we didn't have as big an audience as previously, despite our best efforts and doing everything pretty much as we did last year. This of course has had a knock on effect with regard to how much money we raised, but despite that we had a very enthusiastic audience and raised a goodly sum. I'm of course biased but I was really happy with the dances Miramar did and they all looked fabulous in their costumes- especially the finale (purple of course!).
It's taken me a couple of days to wind down and I'm stull feeling pretty tired. The slow recovery was partly due to the fact that six of us from Miramar went off to Leamington on Monday to take part in a pop video for a band and although this was huge fun I'm now wiped out! But at least now the show is over I can turn my attention to organising Le Petit Souk and getting to grips with next terms dates, teaching and events. This next term is looking to be a tricky one as we have a royal wedding, Easter, a Bank Holiday or two and half term to fit the classes around. A bit of a bummer, but can't be helped, but it's going to take extra work to get the souk off the ground as it falls right in the middle of that lot! And I'm beginning to get that sneaking urge to lie down on a regular basis...not a good sign. In fact maybe that's a message to sign off and go relax for a bit.........? Yes, lets do it! Byeeee..............

No comments:

Post a Comment